Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Little Inspiration...

Well, last year I found a pattern for an applique Dinosaur quilt on line (and free at the time). Zac LOVES dinosaurs so I thought I would make him a new quilt for his bed (just in time for LAST Christmas or birthday). I finished 2 dinosaur blocks, realized what an under taking it was...especially when no one around you knows how to do it either. Last Friday, was my turn for our project group. I decided that I'd have the girls help me get started on the next couple squares. At the last moment I decided that a new type of interfacing was needed. BOY AM I GLAD! It made a world of difference! We were able to get all the pieces cut out and ironed into place on 2 patches. Then I realized how awful my first ones looked compared to the new and improved! So after the girls left, I was so excited that I kept going and made the first 2 all over again and finished the 5th pattern the next morning! WHEW!

Today I finished the block patches and just need to figure out my fabric for the Sashes and such. I think this year it's actually going to be DONE!
So, here are the pictures of the different patches. 5 Dino patches and 4 of the "block" patches...I'm still thinking about the green border though. All I can say is THANK YOU GIRLS!! for kicking me into gear!






7 comments:

Heitmann Family said...

Super Cute and good for you for finishing it!!

Hilary said...

WOOHOO!! they look *amazing*!!!!

Bronwyn Williams said...

Wow Shauna that looks fantastic!

Cindy Wright said...

oh my, are you kidding? those look amazing!!!!!

Mark, Holly and Boys said...

So dang cute! Love it!!!

Leslie said...

I am sure that it will be darling when you are done. Those are really neat. You have more energy than I do. Glad to hear you are doing well.

A little bit of crazy.... said...

Elasmosaurus, right? Very nice.