Well, last year I found a pattern for an applique Dinosaur quilt on line (and free at the time). Zac LOVES dinosaurs so I thought I would make him a new quilt for his bed (just in time for LAST Christmas or birthday). I finished 2 dinosaur blocks, realized what an under taking it was...especially when no one around you knows how to do it either. Last Friday, was my turn for our project group. I decided that I'd have the girls help me get started on the next couple squares. At the last moment I decided that a new type of interfacing was needed. BOY AM I GLAD! It made a world of difference! We were able to get all the pieces cut out and ironed into place on 2 patches. Then I realized how awful my first ones looked compared to the new and improved! So after the girls left, I was so excited that I kept going and made the first 2 all over again and finished the 5th pattern the next morning! WHEW!
Today I finished the block patches and just need to figure out my fabric for the Sashes and such. I think this year it's actually going to be DONE!
So, here are the pictures of the different patches. 5 Dino patches and 4 of the "block" patches...I'm still thinking about the green border though. All I can say is THANK YOU GIRLS!! for kicking me into gear!